Thursday, September 6, 2012

Want to Marry a First Lady? Be Presidential



I had a conversation with a homeboy today, raving about Michelle Obama's speech Tuesday night and how more women need to be like her.

It's a statement I've heard before about our First Lady (from him and others) as well as a statement I've heard about Tiny (T.I.'s wife) via the love they display on "Family Hustle".

I had to remind him that both T.I. and our President met these women when they already had a lot going for themselves.  Michelle was Barack's mentor!  And Tiny was already a successful artist.  In a way, these women were far more achieved than the men pursuing them ... yet they pursued anyway -- persistently and devotedly.

I told my friend while you're telling us to be more like them, there are still men intimidated by women who have achieved or make more than they do.  They still feel a woman should bow down to a man and that we're not worthy of pursuit or that THEY should be pursued.

Soooooo if we need to be more like Tiny or First Lady Obama, how about the men shouting this sentiment need to be more like T.I. (relationship-wise lol) and President Obama.

Want to be treating like a King? Find a Queen.
What to marry a First Lady? Be Presidential.

Find a good thing (believe me, we're out here).
Honor her and cherish her.  

That is all.

No comments: